Friday 3 June 2016

Welcome!

Hello :)

In this blog I plan to post the poems I've been working on to help me process my anxiety.

I've come a long from last year, when I found  writing and reading about panic attacks to be horrendously triggering. Now I find it therapeutic to write, a calming process, where, by being able to
 describe what happens to me, I am more in control and more aware of the power I have over my anxiety.

We are separate beings, me and my anxiety. I am not weak or pathetic because I suffer from it. It is something that happens TO ME, not something that I choose, or not choose to have. This has been a crucial lesson for me to learn and it empowers me. I can't get rid of it, but I can control it.

I hope that by being open about my anxiety that I can help others who are suffering, who need help and support. I hope to able to educate those who do not know what anxiety is, so that they can also help and support others.

If you have any questions or comments on these posts, please don't hesitate to post comments, I will be moderating them but I'll answer as many as I possibly can. Also please don't be afraid to comment on any poems that I post as I would love some feedback!

Thanks for reading, I'll post again soon :)

Lizzie.

No comments:

Post a Comment